Update rsync from 3.0.9 to 3.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zythyr

Dabbler
I have the latest version of FreeNAS installed (9.1.1) which has rsync v3.0.9. I want to update the rsync to the latest version or atleast v.3.1.0.

How do I do this?

N00b

Explorer
Rsync v 3.1.0 has not been ported to FreeBSD. See freshports http://www.freshports.org/net/rsync
It first needs to be ported to FreeBSD and then the appropriate package could be installed.

N00b

Explorer
when - is a question that I believe only the port maintainer can answer. I am not aware of site where a target date would be given.
how - depends on "where" you are trying to update. Inside a jail it could be as easy as running "pkg update". For the main system it would be better to wait for the development team to update.

Hopefully this is useful.

D

dlavigne

Since it is included in the base system, it will automatically be updated when you upgrade to the next version of FreeNAS (as release versions are built using the as-of-then latest versions of ports). I see that 3.1.0 has since come out, so it will be used when 9.1.2 becomes available.

Zythyr

Dabbler
I am running FreeNAS v9.2.1.9. Checking this website, it seems that version > 3.0.9 has been ported to FreeBSD. My FreeNAS still is running v3.0.9 for rsync? How can I update?

Status
Not open for further replies.