Unscheduled Reboots / Parity Error

jnanes

Cadet
Hello,

I am a bit green on the FreeNAS side of things. I have recently begun to experience unscheduled reboots of my FREENAS-MINI-2.0 running
FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1. I was not experiencing these reboots until the latest update patch. I am not sure if this is the culrpit or not. On one of the unscheduled reboots, I was met with a "parity error" at boot. After a hard reboot the NAS came back up.

What additional information would be helpful in tracking down the cause of this?

Redcoat

MVP
Anything in var/log/messages?

Have you tried reverting to your previous boot environment to see if the reboots stop?

jnanes

Cadet
Unfortunately I am now facing hardware failure. The FreeNas Mini will not POST now, i tried to reseat ram, drives etc. I tried booting with only my RAM installed and get no video out. I cannot access IPMI due to lost password. I am not sure if somehow my board could be under warranty, I am reading a lot about issues with this board. C2750D4I is the motherboard model #

jnanes

Cadet
I was going to revert to my previous environment when it stopped booting.

Redcoat

MVP

jnanes

Cadet
Thanks for the information. I actually did open a ticket with IX systems on it. I was looking at replacing the motherboard on my own which is pricey as you know.

profwalken

Patron
I've been in same case impossible to boot with same board. Asrock support in nederlands do a complete board change for me after a ticket support opened and they said warranty was running more time than it was before.
You can try to contact them by their website , you need your serial , take a photo of all stickers on board.