Unrecoverable Host Bus Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendonb

Dabbler
upload_2014-12-8_12-52-36.png

Hello,
I happened to check my console randomly and I found a whole page of these errors. I can guesstimate what I think it means (failed or failing HBA) , but everything seems to be running "fine".

NOTE: these drives are part of a set of 12 in an external HP MSA60 (12 x 3.5" JBOD) with dual IO modules connected to a single LSI 3801e sas controller; I have each SAS port on the card going to one of the IO modules on the MSA60. Below is a snippit.

upload_2014-12-8_13-3-0.png

Any assistance to troubleshooting or a clue would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I am running FreeNAS-9.3-BETA-201412051712.

Brendonb

Dabbler
Well, sort of. I never figured out why I was getting it. I had setup that pool from the CLI using the Zpool command directly so perhaps something about FreeBSD didn't like it. I then destroyed it and created it with the GUI and problems went away. Also, I did have multipathing hooked up (it auto-set it up), but I've since disconnected that to avoid complication and confusion; it was only Active/passive anyway. (I wonder if I could have forced Active/active, but no matter).

So I haven't seen the errors since, but I think it was more to do with the zpool vs the multipath.

Status
Not open for further replies.