Unknown serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbraveman

Dabbler
Just updated to FreeNAS-8.0.3-RC1-x64 (9250). All of my discs have "unknown" listed in the View Disks screen. Was also a problem in 8.0.2. I have 8 disks ufs volumes that were created in Freenas 7 and subsequently imported.

Hardware is:
Intel® Desktop Board DG43NB/ 4 gb ram - updated bios
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
6 x 1TB Sata connected to mobo
Syba SD-SATA2-4IR - 2 x 1.5tb disks
Patriot Xporter XT Rage 8.0 GB thumb drive

Thanks

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi jbraveman,

How are\were the disks configured under 0.7?

I would assume it's software RAID-5...if it is, that's the problem.

Per the docs here: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Volumes#Auto_Importing_Volumes

"UFS RAID5 is not supported as it is an unmaintained summer of code project which was never integrated into FreeBSD"

-Will

jbraveman

Dabbler
No RAID. They're all individually formatted ufs drives created in freenas 7. They've all mounted without issue and are working.

Hi jbraveman,

How are\were the disks configured under 0.7?

I would assume it's software RAID-5...if it is, that's the problem.

Per the docs here: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Volumes#Auto_Importing_Volumes

"UFS RAID5 is not supported as it is an unmaintained summer of code project which was never integrated into FreeBSD"

-Will

G

gcooper

No RAID. They're all individually formatted ufs drives created in freenas 7. They've all mounted without issue and are working.

1. What version of FreeNAS are you using?
2. How did you create the RAID in 0.7?

jbraveman

Dabbler
I'm using now FreeNAS-8.0.3-RC1-x64 (9250)

Checking back it looks like some of discs were probably formatted with .69. A couple I recently replaced and formatted with 7.1. None of these discs have never been in a RAID array. Nor are they are now. They are all individual discs that were formatted and used as individual shares.

1. What version of FreeNAS are you using?
2. How did you create the RAID in 0.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.