unifi controller cannot connect to access points

jawakharlal

Dabbler
given:

freenas scale, ip 192.168.88.19/23

I have unifi controller installed on it, running on port 30072.

The unifi controller web panel shows IP 172.16.0.6.

the problem is that i cannot manage the access points that are running on the 192.168.88.0/23 network from the controller web panel.

I just have no experience with virtualised applications before

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You need to go to Settings | System | Advanced, then look for "Inform Host": Set Override and give the IP address of your TrueNAS host.

Also... are you sure you want a /23 network? seems like a lot of complication that usually just isn't needed... better to stick to /24 if you can (as it seems you segment anyway.)

jawakharlal

Dabbler
You need to go to Settings | System | Advanced, then look for "Inform Host": Set Override and give the IP address of your TrueNAS host.

Also... are you sure you want a /23 network? seems like a lot of complication that usually just isn't needed... better to stick to /24 if you can (as it seems you segment anyway.)
1. I ticked "Inform Host" but it didn't help, the unifi controller gets the address from subnet 172.16.0.0.0/16 (I would add it to the bridge but I have this subnet busy for cameras)
2. subnet /23 is correct as I have more than 300 devices on my network.

Screenshot_1.png

sretalla