Undocumented features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufalien

Patron
Hi,
As I become more familiar with the latest 9.2.1.X, I'd like to first ask if any one would mind sharing what they know about the system dataset pool option under the advanced tab?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Isn't it discussed in the manual?

aufalien

Patron
I searched, just dl'd it again, no dice. The manual is always spot on but this little bugger of an option is odd. I've attached a screen shot were the explanation should be.

Attachments

• pg77.png
    pg77.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 255
D

dlavigne

This feature changed on an almost daily basis in the 9.2.1.x series as various bugs were worked out. To be honest, I don't know where it finally settled at. Once 9.2.1.2 settles on the mirrors, I'll make note on the doc.freenas.org page that users should refer to the 9.2.1 Guide and the release notes for 9.2.1.1 and 9.2.1.2. Not publishing a new version of the guide is is normal for bug fix point releases as, in theory, no new features are added, just bugs fixed.

The next new version of the published docs will be with 9.2.2 as many new features are in the queue to be added. As that gets written, this page will be updated to also include the URLs to the bug fixes and release notes for the interim bug fix releases that occurred between 9.2.1 and 9.2.2.

aufalien

Patron
Many many thanks for this info, amazing efforts and stellar product.

Status
Not open for further replies.