understanding the meaning of the updates changelogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Wizard
Under Freenas 9.3-STABLE "Update" tab, whenever I check for updates using the "Check Now" button, there is a link in the "Check Now" window that points to the Changelog for the referring updates.

By selecting the "Changelog" link, I will get the following list (I am showing only the first few lines):

#6994 Bug Normal Make poolnames using reserved words work
#7718 Feature Normal Add custom "home name" for netatalk
#7848 Bug Low error, when I try to add hast extent for iscsi target

What I can't figure out is how to interpret these result.
I have located the corresponding tickets under Redmine, which describes the details about the issue but this doesn't tell me for instance how #6994 affects the update?
For this changelog, it seems most if not all of the tickets are set as "Resolved"

Am I to understand that the changelog will always include updates related to the tickets only in the event they have been "resolved"?
I recall a couple of weeks ago going through some of the Redmine tickets that all where not resolved. Did I simply look at the wrong ticket?

Can this be clarified?

rogerh

Guru
I am sure the bug numbers in the changelog are supposed to relate only to resolved bugs, but I can't personally state that there have never been any mistakes. The state "staged for next SU" also implies resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.