unable to see Dataset from another server (unraid)

Darteek

Cadet
Hi,
I've been having a weird issue with my servers recently, hope someone will be able to help me on this one...

I have 2 machines trueNAS and Unraid ( i know it's a bane )
Plex, Sonarr etc... and the data are currently on my Unraid machine but I'm starting to lack space, so i setup another one with TrueNAS and wanted to move some data over, without having to move Plex and the rest.

I configured a pool and added a dataset with the permissions ( ACL and NFS )
Configured Plex and Sonarr to access the dataset ( added an host path poiting to the dataset, //10.0.0.x/media/ ) and in Sonarr changed the folder, and accepted that Sonarr moves the files..., they moved and were visible from Plex, but not from my windows machine.

Took me a while to notice that they were sent to the OS drive of TrueNAS instead of the dataset....

Is there a way to get the dataset visible to Sonarr? or a zVol would be better, more realistic way of doing it?

I'm a bit at a loss, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
The host path is a local path, not a network path. You would apply a path like /mnt/<your pool>/path/to/dataset to the jail mounts for Plex and Sonarr.

Darteek

Cadet
Hi,
I think I found a solution, mounting the dataset as a NFS share in Unraid. The dataset is then seen in Unraid as /mnt/remotes/dataset.
Did some testing afterwards and migration is working fine, and Plex doesn't seem to be impacted so far.
Thanks a bunch :)