Unable to reach Transmission web interface after applying VPN

stevenpgrey

Cadet
Hi. I have installed and used Transmission with no problems until yesterday I decided to use this guide on adding a VPN to the jail - TrueNAS: Add VPN Connection to a Jail
I have an Expressvpn subscription and I have checked that the VPN connection is working and the jail shows a foreign IP.

However I can't connect to my web interface anymore. I'm wondering if there's some routing table or port forwarding I need to do.
Thanks.

homer27081990

Patron
P2P torrent protocols rely heavily on IPv6. Did you configure IPv6 for the bridges, tunnels, routers and whatnot (or disable it altogether)? If the jail bridge has even a link-local but the system is not routing IPv6, transmission could be receiving packets through IPv4 VPN but (through a config in transmission itself of WebGui 0.0.0.0, IPv6 ::) trying to respond from IPv6. I would suggest configuring transmission's IPs in its own internal config first, then configuring the bridge (witch is TrueNAS config).

stevenpgrey

Cadet
Btw, if anyone happens to stumble across this thread in the future, I solved this problem by disabling NAT and giving the jail an IP address of its own on my local network. I can't access the interface from the outside even with port forwarding so I have to VPN in, but that's for the best I guess.