Unable to Mount CDROM ISO for my VM/Where is my other VM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doverosx

Dabbler
Hello all,

I've been trying to set up a VM however, I can't get an ISO mounted. I also have, as per my screenshot, a VM that runs my Gitlab OmniBus CE installation and it looks like that is no longer showing up under "VMs" since I have moved to 11.1-U2. For the ISO issue, I figured "must reside in mount point" referred to the fact that I was originally trying to use the ISO dataset and that this dataset was out of scope for my newly created VM so I created a new ISO directory, however that is also producing the same error.

Should I try moving the file to the zvol that I created for the new VM or have I happened upon a buggy section of the new FreeNAS update?

This is what iohyve list returns:
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# iohyve list												   
Guest		 VMM?  Running  rcboot?  Description							   
GitlabUbuntu  YES   YES	  YES	  Sun Jun  4 14:19:33 EDT 2017 

Attachments

• MustReside.PNG
    MustReside.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 388

kdragon75

Wizard
I get the feeling that bhyve and jails are changing so much that if you use them and there working DONT UPDATE period. At least until iocage and bhyve are fully implemented and tested in TrueNAS. I don't trust anything outside of the core functionality anymore.

doverosx

Dabbler
I share your sentiments. IIRC, I'm on the "STABLE" branch but whatever the case is, things aren't stable between upgrades.

kdragon75

Wizard
I share your sentiments. IIRC, I'm on the "STABLE" branch but whatever the case is, things aren't stable between upgrades.
Anything in FreeNAS and not TrueNAS should be considered beta at best. to get a fee for what you can rely on, you can reference the TrueNAS Manual. Keep in mind that packages will be updated in FreeNAS before TrueNAS and may introduce new bugs. That said I hope they still backport security patches to the TrueNAS branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.