Unable to login to fresh install (latest version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

david74

Cadet
Completely new to FreeNAS world - checking it out before buying some new hardware to replace ailing ReadyNas NV+.

So wanting to check out the functionality and have installed on to Hyper-V which has adequate resource to run the VM with 16GB RAM and 8 vCPU. Know its not supported and not planning to be running this way forever but just really want to check the functionality out.

Have installed the VM and configured the network and can ping the host from the hyper host and from other devices on the home network. The FreeNAS can resolve DNS and ping the gateway router and other devices. The problem is though is that when going to login to the UI (http://192.168.2.15/) the page rarely appears. In fact it only ever appears sometimes after a cold start but is then so slow login doesn't happen. Most of the time the page http://192.168.2.15/account/login/?next=/ just keeps loading.

Understand from reading forums such as www.servethehome.com that some kind of FreeNAS functionality is possible using Hyper-V and presenting a login page would expect to be feasible.

Any hints or advise on what to look for ?

Really looking for a new nas device that just works - Know FreeNAS is not officially supported on Hyper-V but don't want to start buying hardware for a build before actually having seen what it has on offer in terms of usability and functionality, UI etc...

freenas#1.PNG
freenas#2.PNG

Using Chrome Browser, tried Firefox and IE as well.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
It should easily with on hyper-v I think. I do almost all my learning using a VM, not on hyper-v though.

What error messages are in /var/log/messages?

david74

Cadet
Thanks SweetAndLow for the reply. Not sure whether SSH server is running so actually just screenshotted the log file.

Attachments

• var_log_messages.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 278

gpsguy

Status
Not open for further replies.