Unable to Load Plex Web Console after Update

thejamesk

Explorer
Hi

Hope someone whos a bit more of a plex guru can come to my rescue, Today I updated plex via shell commands PKG Update & PKG Update - Y which has always worked in the past where the update button on the FreeNAS gui never has. However this time something has some wrong whenever I try to load the server I get the following error. I have of course tried to reboot and tinker with the ip settings but cant work out what has gone wrong.

Maybe its possible to roll back to a previous version or snapshot?

1577464139999.png

Thanks!

thejamesk

Explorer
Update now works by manually starting the service via services plexmediaserver onestart however the server is unreachable. Is there a way to manually ammend IP settings via shell to ensure these are correct?

1577465937861.png

EPU

Dabbler
I've recently had exactly the same issue occur, also after an upgrade. I initially thought it was a unique problem to myself (until I saw this post).

In my case, it appears that the mount points have been removed from the Jail. I'm currently in the process of backing up all my media to another location before attempting to re-add the mount point info back into the jail settings.

thejamesk

Explorer
I've recently had exactly the same issue occur, also after an upgrade. I initially thought it was a unique problem to myself (until I saw this post).

In my case, it appears that the mount points have been removed from the Jail. I'm currently in the process of backing up all my media to another location before attempting to re-add the mount point info back into the jail settings.

Think I shall simply re-build plex see as all my data is stored in a safe location and I don't mind a bit of manuall config. Shame there is no "safe" way to update plex using freenas gui. Well not that I know of.

EPU

Dabbler
@thejamesk

Finally figured this out. It's a combination of both the issue above (no mount point link to media) and also the solution provided in this first post in this thread.

Once I re-linked the media location, and then renamed and upgraded the Plex iocage, the server came back online first time.