SOLVED Unable to load Grub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wops95

Cadet
Hi,

Firstly please know that I have only just got into server stuff so apologies if there is an obvious error on my part, please could u just point it out.

I have just tried to install Freenas via usb drive and cd onto a system consisting of, Intel DQ67SW, Intel I5 2500k, 8Gb Crucial Ballistic and a 120Gb Sandisk SSD. I am aware that I will need to add more storage to do anything useful but at the moment I am just trying to get the software running. The bios is set to allow booting from usb and cd and I have tried my windows usb which boots fine and allows installation. However when I try to boot Freenas it tries to load the device and then says "Boot and select proper boot device, Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" Which appears to be the generic bios couldn't find anything error. I have had a search around and not found anyone with a similar issue, does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance
Kieran

Wops95

Cadet
Yep I checked the checksum using HashCalc as mentioned in that guide. For the usb I used IsoToUsb and for the cd used Cyberlink Power2Go. I tried to download win32diskimager, but couldnt find any files to actually download?

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.