Unable to install plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Cadet
Hi all,

I'm new to FreeNAS but experienced in computers in general.

Previously I ran a Synology DS211J (oldie) and wanted something more beefy so I bought an old DC7800SFF and installed FreeNAS. on the native 160Gb with an extra drive for storage.

I added the extra drive and created a share, which can now be seen from my windows box.

When I try installing plugins I get the 'are you sure' option and on clinking yes the install progress (1/4 etc.) at a certain point (4/4 - Installing plugin) it will flash an error msg and not install the plugin.

Can anybody tell me what's up? or maybe point me toward a log file where I can get a closer look at the error msg?

much appreciated!

P.S.: Tried using search but got no-where

P.P.S.: Upon browsing through the options I found that every plugin I tried installing ended up in a 'jail'

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

at a certain point (4/4 - Installing plugin) it will flash an error msg and not install the plugin.

Post the exact error message and the version of FreeNAS.

Nil

Cadet
This seems to be at the root of my problem, as I cannot get the entire msg, it only shows for a second or so and disappears.

Version of FreeNAS 9.3.0

krikboh

Patron
How much RAM do you have? Googling that model number shows machines with 2 GB RAM. FreeNAS requires 8 GB minimum, more if you plan on using plugins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nil

Cadet
Yes, I am currently extremely low on RAM (at 3Gb) but am planning on expanding on that very quickly.

ALthough my question remains the same: Where can I find a log file to show me the exact msg of the error?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is this a fresh FreeNAS9.3 install?
I know on a test install of FN9.3 I did, plugins wouldn't install until I created a jail dataset (tank/jails for me) then specified this as the "Jail Root" under Jails > Configuration (/mnt/tank/jails in my case).

In FreeNAS 9.2 these steps were automatically done when you tried to install a plugin so I think someone should file a bug report if you confirm this was your issue.

Nil

Cadet
Yes this is a fresh install.

I've made some progress in getting plugins to install, since I tried installing transmission 4 time, there were 4 jails all with transmission in it without it showing up in the installed plugin tab.

I was unable to remove the excess jails so I decided to do a complete reinstall (heck, it's a blank system anyway) after that I managed to install transmission! (small victory dance), now the problem is that it got an IP address assigned which I am not happy with :( as it overlaps with systems in my network, causing problems. Manually changing IP now caused transmission to not want to start. Giving me the msg 'some error accoured'

Any ideas?

THE_KINGDOM

Explorer
Is this a fresh FreeNAS9.3 install?
I know on a test install of FN9.3 I did, plugins wouldn't install until I created a jail dataset (tank/jails for me) then specified this as the "Jail Root" under Jails > Configuration (/mnt/tank/jails in my case).

In FreeNAS 9.2 these steps were automatically done when you tried to install a plugin so I think someone should file a bug report if you confirm this was your issue.

I just created a plugin on FreeNAS-9.3-Release. A jail was automatically created for that plugin (Bucula-sd)

Status
Not open for further replies.