Unable to delete files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emegra

Dabbler
Hi everyone I'm currently running Freenas 8.04, I have 4 Internal IDE drives and an external usb drive, my problem is that I can't delete, copy or move any files stored on the internal drives the error message i get is "permission denied", I've checked the permissions and I have all the read/write boxes checked ACL set to unix, I've tried ticking set permissions recursively but all I get after a long wait is "an error occurred" I can open and view any files and I can write to the drives ok, I dont know if this is a sharing problem or a storage problem, or if the problem lies somewhere else any help or advice would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Graeme

paleoN

Wizard
Set the permissions from the cli. There is a known bug that setting permissions recursively doesn't work with the GUI. See this [thread=1918]thread[/thread].

Emegra

Dabbler
Thank you Paleo & William, I have little knowledge of command line syntax and wouldn't have a clue how to set permissions using it, I just don't seem to have the basic fundamental understanding of computer language that others on this forum has however if someone cares to instruct me I'd be happy to give it a go, alternatively can anyone tell me if this is likely to be something that will be sorted out in the next stable release if so then it may be easier to wait till then as from what I understand shouldn't be long now ?

Many Thanks

Graeme

Emegra

Dabbler
Hi again

Further to my last post suddenly without making any changes or explanation everything is now working and I can now delete, copy and move the files as I please, however there is one folder containing files that still wont delete only this time the error message simply states "Invalid argument" this message occurs whether I try to delete, copy or move the folder or any files within it. Can anyone explain what this message means and if possible how I can rectify it

Many Thanks

Graeme

Status
Not open for further replies.