Unable to delete cloud folders!

GuyT

Cadet
Hi,

I am very new to this and have followed a heap of tutorials to setup and so far everything is working fine! BUT I am changing from google drive to Mega for my online backup and i have a number of folders on my NAS that were backed up from my google drive to the nas via cloud sync task.

I basically want to delete the folders on the nas that were backed up from the cloud but it is saying i don't have the correct permission? i have searched for answers and can seem to find anything!

Sorry if i am missing something obvious but spent 2 hours so far and cant figure it out : (

I can create,edit and then delete files within the folder but cant delete any others.

GuyT

Cadet
1626504349888.png

GuyT

Cadet
I have tried to use shell and "MC" to find the files but i cant seem to locate them or any of my files!

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If the "folder" is in fact a separate ZFS dataset, you need to go to Storage --> Pools to navigate there and delete it.

GuyT

Cadet
I am under user group 'Wheel" and i have checked the permission and i am sure that its correct but please see below and let me know if i have missed anything? The directory is "NAS3TB"

1626567286549.png

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
This is your top level dataset. You cannot delete that. Only files and folders therein.

GuyT

Cadet
I checked the quotas of the users and i can see that root has 12GB being used, I think that is the files that i cant delete! How do i login as root to delete these files?

1626585217086.png

Trevor68

Contributor
I'm fairly certain this is a bug, I too have the exact same screenshot now that I need unix user\root to make changes, which of course cannot be done from the SMB share. Fair enough, open shell via the gui, "cd /mnt/data-storage" and then "RM -RF onedrive" problem solved right? Nope, folder still does not delete.

I have deleted the failed cloud sync task, and the onedrive credentials, still can't kill the folder though.

NugentS

MVP
I know its a bit late - but don't use the root dataset. Always create datasets below that one and use them

Trevor68

Contributor
Good advice is always welcome! I'm very new to Truenas, so did finally get that folder deleted last night, and created my first dataset under my pool and also changed the owner of it so apps can write to it.

NugentS

MVP
If its any help I set up like this
1637530369807.png

The Snapshots dataset is used for replicated snapshots from other pools. Helps me keep order.

Trevor68

Contributor
Nice, thanks for sharing :cool: