Unable to connect second machine to NAS

BalloonCandy

Cadet
Hello. New here and just looking for a little assist. My setup is pretty simple, just using my box as a PtoP NAS for work. Not running a switch or anything. However I recently added another work machien (a mac) and am attempting to connect it to the server simply by switching out the cables for the single NIC I have in the server. It's a mac studio, so it has a 10gbe port built in. When I plug it in it's telling me that it's connected in the mac network settings but I cannot connect to the web gui nor my smb. Set static IPs for all of them: server at 192.168.0.10, pc at 192.168.0.11, and the mac at 192.168.0.12. All on the same subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I tried using 2 different interfaces in the NAS but that was a disaster and I couldn't get it to work lol. Thought this would be easier.

Any insight from you wonderful folks would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

BalloonCandy

Cadet
Gotcha. I figured. Was just using what I had as 10gbe switches can still be a little pricey, and thought this could work. Thank you!

BalloonCandy

Cadet
I was just able to connect to the NAS when I turned off the wifi on the mac. Tried changing the service order, but that didn't seem to allow me to use both wifi and my NAS over ethernet at once.