Unable to attach a corral vm zvol to a FreeNAS 11 VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

iXô

Dabbler
Hello, I am trying to recover some files from a VM created in corral.

Currently I am using FreeNAS 11 Stable, and when I try to attach a corral os zvol as a disk to my new vm, the new interface tells me that there is a problem (but I don't know where are the logs to check for the problem) :

UP0eKyl.png

The legacy mmi, doesn't say anything special, but the boot of the vm is stuck in the uefi shell as not disk are found.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

iXô

Dabbler
With the classic UI, the association seems to works (as no error is fired when I click the ok button) but the association doesn't seems to be done, as the VM boot and is stuck to the uefi shell without any drive block device (only blk0 for the network). And I can see that switching back to the new UI show me a drive with empty association.

D

dlavigne

There is this note in http://doc.freenas.org/11/vms.html:

VMs from other virtual machine systems can be recreated for use in FreeNAS®. Back up the original VM, then create a new FreeNAS® VM with virtual hardware as close as possible to the original VM. Binary-copy the disk image data into the zvol created for the FreeNAS® VM with a tool that operates at the level of disk blocks, like dd(1). For some VM systems, it is best to back up data, install the operating system from scratch in a new FreeNAS® VM, and restore the data into the new VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.