Unable to access folder SMB share -

Dantron

Dabbler
After doing a reload on the a windows machine, I have mounted an SMB share on the NAS.

When trying to access the folder it infinitely times out in the windows explorer (see image).

I have spent more hours than I can count trying to understand what the heck is wrong. If I make a new folder in the share, I can create a file, but I can't access the old stuff.

I have tried recursively setting permission of the user directory to 777 and extremely frustrated that something so simple and basic is causing this problem.

Attachments

• wtf.png
    wtf.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please take a few moments to review the Forum Rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, and pay particular attention to the section on how to formulate a useful problem report, especially including a detailed description of your hardware and Samba configuration.

You've basically given no one anything to work with, so the responses will tend to be random guesses rather than anything useful.

Dantron

Dabbler
I'm sorry I didn't provide enough info...

I figured it out and the issue deserves to be noted here, for an edge-case problem that some people may get.

The problem was that my NICs were set to JUMBO but the 10Gb switch in between was set to standard 1500 MTU.
My mistake.

Scenario:
Able to map network drive, but windows explorer times out or throws an exception that crashes exploer.

RCA:
MTU size and network path

Last edited: