UEFI strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacopx

Patron
Buongiorno,

due to my fault i had to reinstall the system. In the previous installation i think that i have choose UEFI boot mode, since my MOBO supports it. After the correct install i can’t automatically boot from the stick, the BIOS not show me, in its boot preference menu, the UEFI: SanDisk, which instead is visible in the option by pressing F11 and without accessing the whole BIOS.

Someone has an idea how to solve it?

P.s. I think the reinstalling everything with the BIOS mode will solve the problem, but is not what i want!

joeschmuck

Old Man
P.s. I think the reinstalling everything with the BIOS mode will solve the problem, but is not what i want!
Why not? Some motherboards don't support UEFI for FreeNAS very well, or it is better said that FreeNAS doesn't support UEFI very well for all motherboards. BIOS is the most compatible.

EDIT: I don't have your motherboard but I would imagine that there is some setup to activate UEFI by default. Hopefully someone here can come to your rescue for this.

Jacopx

Patron
Why not? Some motherboards don't support UEFI for FreeNAS very well, or it is better said that FreeNAS doesn't support UEFI very well for all motherboards. BIOS is the most compatible.

EDIT: I don't have your motherboard but I would imagine that there is some setup to activate UEFI by default. Hopefully someone here can come to your rescue for this.

Because we are all nerds and we like to solve bug and manage problem. My server work too good for me, i think is time to switch on something less reliable! ahahhaha

Meanwhile i'm back on the BIOS mode! :(

joeschmuck

Old Man
Meanwhile i'm back on the BIOS mode! :(
As long as it works should be the most important part.

I assume you are running the most current BIOS version too? Just asking. I'm not sure I would mess with it even if there is a newer BIOS version, since it's working.

Jacopx

Patron
Status
Not open for further replies.