Ubiquiti UniFi Controller Jail

thejamesk

Explorer
Hi

Hope someone can help me out, I've followed this guide https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/installing-ubiquiti-unifi-controller-in-a-jail.55317/ twice and get stuck at the last stage. I am unable to start the unifi service (see below)

Doe's anyone know why I am unable to start UnIfi controller?

1545742773204.png

gt2416

Patron
go to that folder and see why its complaining
cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d
ls
post the output

thejamesk

Explorer
go to that folder and see why its complaining
cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d
ls
post the output

Strange It does not seem to be able to find the file even though I assume it should be there seen as Iv'e followed the guide.

error.JPG

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
wait.

you have no /usr/local/etc/rc.d?

Something bad has happened.

what does this do:

Code:
ls -al /usr/local/etc

thejamesk

Explorer
wait.

you have no /usr/local/etc/rc.d?

Something bad has happened.

what does this do:

Code:
ls -al /usr/local/etc

Thanks for helping! Here is what -al /usr/local/etc displays when in the Shell for UniFi Jail

1546015087311.png

m0nkey_

MVP
OK, forget trying to install from ports. Try installing from pkg:
Code:
pkg update
pkg install unifi5
sysrc unifi_enable=YES
service unifi start

thejamesk

Explorer
Anyone know how to update the jail? I would like to upgrade from version 5.9.29 to 5.10.17

gt2416

Patron
Its not available yet on ports. You have to wait for it.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Dam that's a pain, No way to manually force this? or do I have to wait for FreeNAS to release it.
There is no freenas release. Freebsd is an open source project and works from the community building it. If you want something you build it, or wait until someone else does the work for you. You decide what type of person you are.

https://www.freshports.org/net-mgmt/unifi5/
here is the port for unifi5.

gt2416

Patron
I tried manually installing the update but I clearly dont understand how to do it, I ended up with the screen waiting for controller to start and it never does. Thank god for iocage snapshots

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I tried manually installing the update but I clearly don't understand how to do it, I ended up with the screen waiting for controller to start and it never does. Thank god for iocage snapshots
You downloaded the deb file and tried to install that? How did you ever begin?

gt2416

Patron
You downloaded the deb file and tried to install that?
Yep, basically you untar it and it gives out 3 more compressed files, then I untar the one called data something.
After that it created a folder usr/lib/unifi which I copied to the actual unifi folder which is /usr/local/share/java/unifi (Deleted old one first). Then gave unifi permissions to that folder and thats when I ended up stuck on Waiting for controller to start.

After reading the ports install script as well as the one on unifi github I realized you need to link /usr/local/share/java/classes/snappy-java.jar to the lib folder inside the unifi folder as well as /usr/local/bin/mongod to unifi's bin folder.
After doing that the service unifi wont even start lol, so I gave up.