Trying to set up my first Scale cluster

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
For me, it removed the not iterable error... unfortunately for me it's on to another one... some problem with resolving hostnames which seems to come after the datasets are created on each host... strange since it's all done via IP addresses up to that point.

JonathanTX

Dabbler
so far the issue reported looks clear!

now its on to figuring out more about scale! thank you!

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
For me, it removed the not iterable error... unfortunately for me it's on to another one... some problem with resolving hostnames which seems to come after the datasets are created on each host... strange since it's all done via IP addresses up to that point.

Hmmm... could you write up the issue Thanks.
There's probably a way we are doing it that may not be properly documented.
Even so, we shouldn't allow these types of issues to exist.

JonathanTX

Dabbler
speaking of documentation.... now that i have a cluster successfully set up, is there a place i can read about how to share out to other systems on the network?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
speaking of documentation.... now that i have a cluster successfully set up, is there a place i can read about how to share out to other systems on the network?
That's still Work In Progress.
The current mechanism is via Gluster clients. You can mount the clustered volumes as indicated here: https://www.truenas.com/docs/truecommand/clustering/mountingclustervolumes/
This is for linux clients.

The next mechanism will be via clustered SMB. The software and APIs for that are in SCALE RC-1.2, but the UI will be in TrueCommand during Q1-22

sophware

Dabbler

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
The arbiter node function is temporarily disabled in the TrueCommand UI while its is being tested for stability. It should still be in the API.

Dispersed with 2 +1 is the current recommendation.

sophware

Dabbler
The arbiter node function is temporarily disabled in the TrueCommand UI while its is being tested for stability. It should still be in the API.

Dispersed with 2 +1 is the current recommendation.
Thank you. If I have dispersed set up with 3 bricks/nodes, is that automatically 2+1?