trying to figure out if 9261-8i card is recycling

artlessknave

Wizard
I ended up with some RAID cards, 1 of which appears to be dead - says its a 9261-8i (the others are 9280-8e, which are less useful, but at least they aren't dead).

it doesnt show up in LSPCI, or dmesg. is it dead and I should just chuck it out, or am I missing something? it didn't work in Debian either. also tried it in the x8dth + an x8dt6, nothing.
figured I'd see if anyone here has any ideas. never really had any of the RAID versions to play with before.
trying to go through old hardware and get rid of useless junk. got them with a really nice 3U supermicro chassis (+ x8dth + network analysis cards - ngenius/netscount/infinistream appliance) finally got around to testing them.

(I often use freenas for testing because it usually has all the drivers and tools and webUI and ssh and I know the storage commands.)

No Data Was At Risk For This Testing. (actually the only drives in these have tons of smart errors)

sretalla