Trying to add a new USB mirror boot, too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naesstrom

Contributor
I'm afraid that my old USB boot is about to go bad so I bought 2 new Sandisk Ultra fit 16Gb, when I add one of them and trying to mirror the boot to that one I get:
Code:
Error: Failed to attach disk: cannot attach da1p2 to gptid/3fe46f22-ab6a-11e6-9b6e-6466b30506f0: device is too small

When I put it in my PC I have 2 partitions on it, one 512kb and one with the rest of the space, removing them and trying to do it again just gives the same result.

I know that the best way to replace the boot is to save the config --> clean install --> restore config but I really don't want to redo all my plugins and I have a influxdb running in a jail to...

Stux

MVP
Yes, the new USB is slightly smaller than the old one.

Sucks.

Backup config, install, restore config.

Naesstrom

Contributor
Yes, the new USB is slightly smaller than the old one.

Sucks.

Backup config, install, restore config.

Buggers... no way to migrate the jail info to the new USB? would it be possible to clone them on my PC instead?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I know that the best way to replace the boot is to save the config --> clean install --> restore config but I really don't want to redo all my plugins and I have a influxdb running in a jail to...
If you save config, clean install, restore config, you don't need to redo your plugins or jails. Why would you think you would?

Naesstrom

Contributor
If you save config, clean install, restore config, you don't need to redo your plugins or jails. Why would you think you would?
Hmm, think I've needed to do that on earlier reinstalls, will give it a try! Thanks!

danb35

Hall of Famer
Shouldn't need to--the jails themselves are on your pool (or wherever else you told the system to put them), but the rest of the configuration is in your config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.