Trying to add a new pool (map network drive). Windows 11 credentials problem

QuantumLeaper

Dabbler
I had to reinstall Windows 11 back in January 2024. So I had to map all my Network Shares, and had no problem back in Jan. Now I added a new pool in the NAS and Windows doesn't like my Credentials for mapping to the new pool. The 'homeuser' password is wrong, tried everything I could think of. I have no problems logging in to my NAS, I am just having problems adding the new pool.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

chuck32

Guru
Can you share your setup? Did you use the same user for the new SMB share?

. I have no problems logging in to my NAS, I am just having problems adding the new pool.
Did you actually only add your admin / root account to the share?

QuantumLeaper

Dabbler
Can you share your setup? Did you use the same user for the new SMB share?

Did you actually only add your admin / root account to the share?
I have it went through the setup for my FreeNAS years ago and upgraded it to TrueNAS core. Up until now, I have not had a problem. I have the Root user and the Homeuser which means I have only one user for the NAS currently that is not builtin.

I didn't change the user, but it asking for the homeuser password and I tried changing it with 'passwd' it would ask for my new password. Even then I could not use the new password it kept saying invalid password. I had no problems 2 to 3 months ago setting up after the reinstall, it just doesn't like it now.

I have two pools, 2 500GB HDDs in one pool, and 1 8TB HD in the other pool, it was a 1TB (deleted) which I upgraded to a single 8TB HD currently and I plan to add more this summer. I have no problem accessing the other pool, just the new pool.

Windows 11 is the one that seems to problem with the new pool.

QuantumLeaper

Dabbler
Problem Solved...

I do feel like a fool when I think of what I forgot, the permissions were screwed up, and once I fixed that, everything worked. The only issue I have left is changing the Network Drive Icon, like I did before. Not sure where to ask for help on the problem.