Truneas Pool Disappears

65fastback

Cadet
Virtual box with passthrough raw disks and true as install. When I reboot the vm, it still seems the drives properly but it says the pool is offline. Only way to rectify is to delete and readd the pool but it does it again on the next reboot.

I know I'm missing something simple but I've tried a couple things and can't get it to go.

Any ideas from anyone?

joeschmuck

Old Man
In order for someone to give you some advice you are going to need to follow the forum rules and provide us a detailed system hardware and virtual machine description, including which version of TrueNAS you are running, how much RAM did you give it, and so forth. I personally have not used Virtual Box much, definitely not for passing through a drive so I don't think I'll be the person able to answer your question. Have you read this reference? Or searched the internet for other installations of the same or current FreeNAS versions? When I give help for ESXi configurations it does help at times to see the configuration (.vmx) file. I'm sure Virtual box has a similar file, maybe you could post that as well.

Good Luck

65fastback

Cadet
I was able to figure it out. I had used 2 drives from a asustor and they were partitioned. Once I deleted all partitions and kept the drives raw, voila.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Glad you figured it out.