TrueNAS with 389 Directory server

chopperpl

Cadet
Hello,
I've been trying to set up LDAP wiht working Kolab Groupware server based on 389 Directory Server, but have hit the wall. I'm not using Kerberos, but binding over SSL. The status shows Healthy and I can query (ldapsearch) the server from TruNAS shell just fine, but I can't retrieve any users when issuing command id <ldap user>. I'm not the LDAP guru, but I may have issues with IDMAP ranges. It seems they use numerical values to look for UID within the range. However, 389DS is using alphabetical values for UID (at least that's what ldapsearch command returns), so this could be the issue. I've been also trying to pass different Auxiliary parameters, but failed as well.
Has anyone used 389DS with True(Free)NAS before and could point me to the working solution?
Thanks

chopperpl

Cadet
So, I think I have solved my problem... Kolab Users in Kolab Groupware server are not Posix accounts therefore they don't have uidNumber attribute and cannot be used to set permissions in FreeNAS. If you would like to bind your FreeNAS to Kolab server (389DS), then you need to select "Mail-enabled POSIX user" when creating accounts in Kolab console. This adds uidNumber and becomes available for FreeNAS.
Cheers