TrueNAS-Scale Slow SMB speed

leeosx

Cadet
Hi I am new to truenas scale, this afternoon i built my first truenas scale server for storage. I did everything guide tells me but i cant get full speed of 10gbit over lan.
The pool is set to raidz2, 18t X 18 with one cache of 2T nvme ssd
When PC to Truenas i can get about 1G/s for 5 secs then speed will drop to around 400-600mpbs
When Truenas to PC i can get about 250m/s - 400m/s all the time.

If i set nvme hard drive standalone, and share it over smb, i can get result of
Truenas > PC 1g/s
PC > Truenas 800m/s.

So I am wondering is there any setup that I messed up leads to this very slow speed.

thanks

leeosx

Cadet
Hi I am new to truenas scale, this afternoon i built my first truenas scale server for storage. I did everything guide tells me but i cant get full speed of 10gbit over lan.
The pool is set to raidz2, 18t X 18 with one cache of 2T nvme ssd
When PC to Truenas i can get about 1G/s for 5 secs then speed will drop to around 400-600mpbs
When Truenas to PC i can get about 250m/s - 400m/s all the time.

If i set nvme hard drive standalone, and share it over smb, i can get result of
Truenas > PC 1g/s
PC > Truenas 800m/s.

So I am wondering is there any setup that I messed up leads to this very slow speed.

thanks
One more thing it wierd here,

Raidz3 tells me it's always the storage of n-3, but when i create my raidz3 with 18 18ts, it's n-5. is this normal?

leeosx

Cadet
When i set 18t x18 as stripe, read can hit 1g/s
but write is unstabe, from 400m - 750m/s

nimuie

Dabbler
Heya! Do you have any news on your post? I am facing the same issues essentially - writing to mirrored SSD on TrueNAS Scale my 10GbE connection only delivers half the speed

netspear.io

Dabbler
Also having issues, have a 1gb card installed and a 2.5gb in my computer,
running a direct line from computer to truenas scale, not through any switches or anything like that, and I'm only getting 200mbps, most of time its only around 100.

If there anyway to get higher speeds?

i have 2 exos 16tb x16 drives in mirror raid