Truenas Scale not accessible over network, no USB keyboard access

antoinedl

Cadet
Hi,

I've been locked out of my new TrueNAS Scale install for a couple of days now. I upgraded from Core to Scale following the directions to the letter. Like many people, I ended up having to do a fresh install because there was some unkown bug during installation. I had a fresh backup so it wasn't a huge deal. The fresh install went pretty smoothly. I used the latest version (23.10.1).

Here are my specs :

• Dell T340 (2021)
  • PowerEdge T340 MLK Motherboard (SKU 329-BEQZ)
  • Intel Xeon E-2236
  • 32 Gb DDR4 RAM
  • PERC H330 Raid Controller
  • NIC : On-board, Broadcom 5720 Dual port 1 Gb
  • Boot drive : 256 Gb Adata SSD (Sata)
  • HDD : 6 x 2TB (some Seagate and some WD). There's no redundancy at the moment, I know it's not great but I didn't have budget for extra drives just now.
After 2-3 weeks of setting everything up, setting up a VM for a supervised Home Assistant install, etc. TrueNAS became unresponsive after a (planned) reboot. I ended up plugging a monitor and keyboard to see what was happening, and I realized that the USB keyboard I've always used (that's pretty much new) didn't work. No LEDs on the keyboard (e.g. when I press caps lock or num lock), no matter which USB port is used. This means I can't interact with anything one TrueNAS has booted.

If I launch "Initial install" from GRUB, everything works perfectly (TrueNAS is accessible over network, the keyboard works, etc.) but I really don't want to have to start everything over.

I thought it may be a network issue coming from my router, so I did a reset of my whole Omada Network from the controller, started from scratch. I then reserved again the static IP which my NAS was set at, and it still doesn't show up anywhere.

Nothing seems to points towards hardware failure, last time I checked through iDRAC, there were no warnings, all the SMART data was fine.

Since I can't access either directly (through the keyboard) or over the network, I'm completely locked out of it.

If I could only look around in the "configure network interfaces" directly with the keyboard, at least I could make some progress. I see the menu and the options (from 1-9) but I just can't input anything.

Thanks to anyone who can help me !!