TrueNas Scale in a VM w/SmartD - Smart Test results not showing?

ornias

Wizard
@Ericloewe
In which case I've also read reports of "false" and "none" being or not being options, but i'm not sure how accurate and valid those are :s

But, Yeah it should really be reported indeed.
Because no mater how you look at it, this error shouldn't be there.

FlangeMonkey

Contributor
@burmjohn, I'd gladly do the bug report if you don't want to, its been a long time since I've done one.

I read it like the "DisableSomething=true" arguments, therefore no I don't want to run under virtualisation. This is a good example: old timesyncd issue.

with no the error is "conditionVirtualization=no was not met"

If I set the condition to yes, the service starts

Thanks,

Edit: looking over the documentation again and for clarity the systemd unit documentation states "...Before the unit is started, systemd will verify that the specified conditions and asserts are true..." therefore for a VM the condition is false for "no" virtualisation because it "is" virtual. For an ESXi guest, if I use "vmware" the condition is true and if I use "kvm" the condition is false. Am I making this make sense?

Last edited:

jsclayton

Dabbler
Not sure if this is the same issue or a different one, but even now on Beta 21.06 I don't have any SMART results on my drives. I have scheduled SMART tests, the smartd service starts at boot and is running, and the output of smartctl -a /dev/sda shows tests have been running.

Also not sure what's supposed to happen when you click the "Add SMART Test Results of {disk}" button, but I get this in the browser console, it doesn't appear to be trying to make any requests:

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 9.43.50 AM.png