TrueNAS Scale Fresh Install Unable to Reach Update Servers

dashtesla

Explorer
Hey everyone!

I once again am up to an entire new build and just came across a strange bug with truenas scale, i was having some issues with time and ntp basically detecting my time 1h off and so i forced an update over ssh changed the ntp servers to something local in my area for minimum latency and the time is now perfectly accurate, the network is also working perfectly and everything else seems to be fine but i do get this:

ClientConnectorError​

TrueNAS was unable to reach update servers.

I'm not sure why it does seem to be related to time issues but the system time is correct i can ping everything from the host, network internet connection is fine, even tried pinging ixservers domains.

I also checked the forum but i can't find anything specific to the latest version of truenas scale and this particular problem with a solution i haven't tried/tested. I also checked the system time in the System Settings, the timezone and time itself are correct.

Hardware:
Dell R510 2U Server
2x Xeon X5675
48GB DDR3 ECC
Dell H310 IT Flashed (HBA)
Several drives, boot is 2x146GB SAS others are mix of seagate exos/wd red pro/constellation sas

Thanks!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This is because the certificate for update-master.ixsystems.com expired recently. You'll have to wait until iX replaces it with a working certificate.

dashtesla

Explorer
This is because the certificate for update-master.ixsystems.com expired recently. You'll have to wait until iX replaces it with a working certificate.
Oh ok, as long as everything is fine with my server no rush i downloaded the latest release so there shouldn't be any updates anyway.