TrueNAS scale containers are incredibly unstable.

nothing

Explorer
I have been running truenas scale for several months now and I have had to redo plex 4 times. Its not just Plex, all of them have had issues deploying.

It seems like this container setup is not stable as almost ANY event on the system can make a container unable to deploy. Its making me reconsider using truenas.

If we wanted to install the standard plex binaries (not a docker container) on the system, could we?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You could in a FreeBSD jail on TrueNAS CORE. There is no supported application install mechanism but the "Apps" on SCALE, yet.

samarium

Contributor
Or you could build a VM on Scale and do whatever you want in the VM.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
VMs need to use NFS to mount NAS datasets. Jails can mount them directly. Apart from that a VM is of course an alternative.

samarium

Contributor
Good point. I don't pretend to know the freebsd/core configurations other than very superficially.
Normally I would say 9p could be used to share file paths in linux for libvirt/qemu/kvm, but we are talking a culled linux called scale.

sretalla