TrueNAS Scale Bluefin - Strange SMB share issues

azrelix

Cadet
Good morning friends!

I am new to the community and only started play around with TrueNAS Core about 12 months ago and everything was running 100% no issues at all, 3 or 4 days ago I upgraded to TrueNAS Scale (Bluefin) and have been having some strange issues with network sharing.

The network sharing seems to be working fine, I can access the NAS from all network devices for a period of time (anywhere from 30 seconds to 12 hours) and then randomly 1 device cannot access the NAS until that device is reset. e.g. my PC (windows10) I can access to SMB share completely fine, copy at 100 MB/s from it and then suddenly I cannot access the NAS via network share at all, via windows or CMD, I can still access it via the web interface without issue.

If I restart my PC I can access it without issue again for a random period of time. This is happening with all devices on the network, windows 10 and I also have a ProxMox server that backup VMs overnight which some nights works fine other nights it will fail " TASK ERROR: could not activate storage 'TrueNas': unable to activate storage 'TrueNas' - directory '/mnt/pve/TrueNas' does not exist or is unreachable"

I have no idea where to start with the issue, as currently at this moment, my pc and ProxMox cannot access TrueNAS shares, but my Sons and wife PCs can.

But if I restart the ones that do not work then it will work fine. When I cannot access the TrueNAS shares even going to the TrueNAS in 'Network' I cannot even double click to view available shared folders when the network share is not working, but restart PC and it works fine.

Any advice, thoughts, comments, guidance would be great!

Happy to post any system specs, I wasnt sure what was needed but let me know and ill post whatever I need to!

Thank you in advance.

Az