TrueNAS SCALE Announcement and Nightly Image Downloads

bodly

Dabbler
They should be there in 21.02. if someone else can verify it's missing, please add a note to the bug report.
Neither fio nor iperf are installed as of TrueNAS-SCALE-21.02-MASTER-20210211-132918.

Commented on NAS-108787.

ornias

Wizard
@bodly Codewise it should be installing because both the package list and the code to install the list is actually there...
It might not propegate correctly through updates or something though...

*edit:*
IX is aware of the issue and looking into it as we speak.
It's indeed an issue with the build system not parsing/installing the list with additional packages.

Last edited:

jnickel

Cadet
Any reason that my USB connected SSD wouldn't show up in the list of drives when I go to install TrueNAS Scale? The version I am using is:
TrueNAS-SCALE-21.02-ALPHA.1.iso

I put that on a USB stick using Rufus and booted from that. That worked fine, but when I go to install, my Intel SSD connected via USB doesn't show up in the list. Worked fine with TrueNAS (which I understand is a completely different animal - FreeBSD vs Linux).

Jim

beagle

Explorer
I'm currently booting from a HDD via USB. No problems since 21.01.

jnickel

Cadet
I'm currently booting from a HDD via USB. No problems since 21.01.
Weird....my Intel SSD hooked up via a SATA to USB cable just doesn't show up in the list of hard drives. All the drives attached to the HBA do.

beagle

Explorer
Weird....my Intel SSD hooked up via a SATA to USB cable just doesn't show up in the list of hard drives. All the drives attached to the HBA do.
Does it show on your BIOS as a boot option?

jnickel

Cadet
I think 30 drives...what can I do? Just remove some drives until after the install? Or can I not use that many? I have been using raidz2 with six drives to a group as these are 3tb sas drives.

shadofall

Contributor
well. the first question to ask your self. is do you really want to try to move your Setup to Scale when its still alpha and there's no documented migration process in place. some people have had issues trying to move from Core to Scale.

afaik its just a limitation or bug in the installer. so powering down and removing the power from your primary storage disks would likely be the best move.

jnickel

Cadet
This is a different system. I was just going to play with it. My production system is running TrueNAS

shadofall

Contributor
This is a different system. I was just going to play with it. My production system is running TrueNAS
ok might of missed that. sorry if I did. but yeah. poweroff/disable the data drives boot off the installer. and should see your USB drive in there now.

jnickel

Cadet
Good catch! I removed a few of the drives I intend to use for data and now I can see my boot device in the installer list.

Thanks!