TrueNAS Scale 22.02.4 - Domain Joined User Home Directories

tomepark

Cadet
Hi Guys,

I know this question has been asked a few times before and can now see that a previous issue has been fixed in TrueNAS Scale 22.02.4, however I am having a few issues with getting this working correctly on my test system.

I have created the following DataPool called "Homes" with the group owner being "domain users" and user owner a generic user account. I have then setup a Private SMB Share using NFSv4 Domain Home ACL and then applied to dataset and sub datasets. When I connect to the TrueNAS share I can see the Homes folder and the folder for the user Test however I can't access these folders. I have noticed under the Datapool there is no sub datapool created for the domain or user. I am sure I have done something wrong here (I am new to TrueNAS Scale, I would like to use it to replace my QNAP OS) however I need to figure out getting user home folders working first.

Does anyone know of a guide on how to setup Domain Home Folders.

I have been trying to follow the TrueNAS docs on this as referenced here but something still doesn't seam right.

Any pointers anyone can give would be appreciated, I have found a few other bits on the forum I am going to try. I will add some logs and screen shots later once I have a bit more information.

Regards,
Tom