TrueNAS SCALE 22.02.3 is Now Available

• Thread starter DeletedUser67652
  • Start date
D

DeletedUser67652

We are pleased to announce the release of TrueNAS SCALE 22.02.3 (Angelfish). This new release has several bug fixes and improvements and a few new features. See the Release Notes below for more details.

Release Notes: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scalereleasenotes/#22023
Download: https://www.truenas.com/download-truenas-scale/
Blog: https://www.truenas.com/blog/truenas-scale-gets-quality-improvements-with-3rd-major-update/

Thanks for trying TrueNAS SCALE 22.02.3, and as always, we appreciate your feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

NugentS

MVP
Well that wasn't a 100% painless upgrade.
NFS failed to start
Kubernetes was slow to start, but did eventually
All containers failed to start complaining about "taint"

It worked eventually - but took about 30mins+ to work itself out which may or may not have been helped by me trying to fix stuff at the same time.

There seemed to be a job of some kind running a long time after the first reboot

A second reboot sorted out most of the issues - but NFS still fails to start - but does manually. Apps now start normally

tboston

Cadet
Also, "Launch Docker Image" is greyed out on the "Installed Applications" Tab after this update. If you go to say "Available Applications" its not greyed out anymore and you can use it. When you go back to "Installed Applications though, its not greyed out anymore but when you click it, it doesn't work.

NugentS

MVP
Issues logged on Jira

NugentS

MVP

sammael

Explorer
I updated to 22.0.2.3 yesterday, today I noticed the dashboard claims Updates Available, when I press the button it takes me to the update screen, where it says no updates available. Should I be worried ?

NugentS

MVP
nope

Well that wasn't a 100% painless upgrade.
NFS failed to start
Kubernetes was slow to start, but did eventually
All containers failed to start complaining about "taint"

It worked eventually - but took about 30mins+ to work itself out which may or may not have been helped by me trying to fix stuff at the same time.

There seemed to be a job of some kind running a long time after the first reboot

A second reboot sorted out most of the issues - but NFS still fails to start - but does manually. Apps now start normally
The NFS failed to start issue happens to me with 22.02.2.1 as well. fixed using the following

systemctl edit nfs-server.service
Inside the file, add the Unit and Wants section. For me it seemed to fail when starting due to an empty exports file which I believe gets created when middlewared starts.
### Editing /etc/systemd/system/nfs-server.service.d/override.conf ### Anything between here and the comment below will become the new contents of the file [Unit] Wants=rpcbind.socket nfs-idmapd.service middlewared.service ### Lines below this comment will be discarded

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
The empty exports is getting generated because at the time it's being generated the relevant paths are not available (might be a race condition on pool import on boot on your particular server).

The empty exports is getting generated because at the time it's being generated the relevant paths are not available (might be a race condition on pool import on boot on your particular server).
Great, my server is a home PC, so I do understand that maybe this could happen, I've also read of slow zfs imports (which happened to me also) and maybe this could help others.

georgelza

Patron
So I'm still one TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1... and been considering doing the migration to Scale. (especially wanting the docker capability... running Plex, Unify, qbittorrent as primary jails, which I'd want to migrate to containers.

How hands off... is this upgrade, I realise I will have to manually install the containers (and import configurations, arggg... Plex... it's going to loose our watch history) and reconfigure them to have the same IP's as per current.

Is there a How To... for a dumb user, not keen on having to fiddle, and go fix 20 little known things.

And before I get told... Make sure you have a back, ye sure every home user has a full backup of their 20+TB multi drive NAS, just lying in the corner at home also... so I need some warm fuzzy about this move.

G

jtremblay

Dabbler
Hello, I'm totally new to TrueNAS. I installed a fresh copy and have the basics configured. when I went to check for updates "System Settings" > "Updates" it reports "TrueNAS was unable to reach update servers." is this a concern, can I point it to another URL ?

WN1X

Explorer
Hello, I'm totally new to TrueNAS. I installed a fresh copy and have the basics configured. when I went to check for updates "System Settings" > "Updates" it reports "TrueNAS was unable to reach update servers." is this a concern, can I point it to another URL ?
Check to make sure you have valid DNS servers defined.

danb35

Hall of Famer
reconfigure them to have the same IP's as per current.
AFAIK this isn't possible with SCALE; all the apps will be listening on some port or another of the NAS IP. Using Ingress/Traefik gives you name-based virtual hosts and reverse proxy, but it's still all going to be on the NAS IP.

jtremblay

Dabbler
Check to make sure you have valid DNS servers defined.
I still double check, but, as I haven't decided to keep this installed, I created a reservation on my DHCP for it... It correctly resolved truecharts.org and updates the catalog. So...

WN1X

Explorer
I still double check, but, as I haven't decided to keep this installed, I created a reservation on my DHCP for it... It correctly resolved truecharts.org and updates the catalog. So...
Yes, but can your TrueNAS system resolve DNS correctly? You can check by SSHing to the box and running a lookup; e.x., host google.com

WN1X

Explorer
Glad to hear you got things sorted out.