TrueNAS SCALE 21.06-BETA Now Available!

ornias

Wizard
Hy, i found this. if one shuts down the server via Webinterface the Url truenas.local/ui/others/shutdown stays as last thing in the Tab. If i now go start the server and then switch to that tab chrome reloads it an shuts down the server again. I don't know if that is a bug, a mild inconvenience or intended. So if it is intended please ignore me.
Please just file a bug report at the Jira.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
How's the driver/firmware stack for the Tri-Mode stuff these days? When the 9400-series was released, it was buggy as hell (same for the 9300).
It's not "as buggy as hell", but we are still working through incompatibilities with older drives and expanders. 9300 is still the model we use most, but will probably start to deploy more with 9500 in future. Linux drivers should be better tested and supported.

MichelB

Cadet
Hello,

sorry for not starting a new thread, but this has to be my mosst difficult forum registration :). I couldn't post a new thread.

I tried out scale and it looks very nice. However, I would like to support my only internal igpu to virtual machines, which isn't possible apparently. It's a quite "powerfull" one iris xe, which should even have virtualisation support in the future, which would make it a real shame if I'm not able to share it, if I never access this nas's gpu for management-purposes.

Linux supports headless and 99,9% of the time the igpu is sitting there being wasted as it's only managed locally in case of a real error. So, I would suppose to initially boot normally, but once setup, allow the option to boot headless by default, but also keep the option in the grub-menu to boot with the igpu attached in case of errors. When that's done, the vm that uses the igpu will fail to start, but you probably have bigger issues then, or just disable the vms which uses that gpu.

This is the only thing blocking me from using truenas scale as I really like the zfs-filesystem and management, and the ecosystem you are building with vm/kubernetes/docker. My igpu is just being wasted this way in a big way.

Thanks,

Michel

georgelza

Patron
hi guys

So I'm running Core at the moment, keen on migrating to Scale to get access to the docker capabilities.
how are we progressing.
3 "docker images"/ add on's that I will require is:
Unifi controller (I know thats available),
Plex Server ? and
qbittorrent.
G

sretalla