SOLVED Truenas not booting with error message

flyinfitz1

Explorer
Hi All,

I woke up today with my Truenas setup non-responsive. It had no network connectivity and the drives werent making their normal noises. I plugged in a monitor and the system didnt recognize the monitor (no video feed). I rebooted and received the attached error message. When I reboot the system now its 50/50 as to whether upon reboot it will recognize the keyboard and monitor and regardless of the option I choose at the start menu it results in this error message. When I open the case the CPU fan and aux fans are running and nothing seems broke or burnt. Im assuming I may have lost the motherboard or CPU. I did try removing each of the two USB OS sticks to see if one of those died but it didnt change the outcome. Any thoughts? System specs below

Lenovo TS140
i3
32GB ECC Ram
4x6TB HDDs in RaidZ2
Truenas 12.0-U8

Attachments

• PXL_20220626_182026001.jpg
    PXL_20220626_182026001.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 87

flyinfitz1

Explorer
Update: I reinstalled the OS on a new USB drive and removed all the RAM outside of one 8GB stick. It booted and I was able to import my pools and an backup DB. When I went back to install the RAM it looks like one stick went bad as it wont POST with it in.

mikeintexas

Dabbler
Glad you got it sorted out and you had backups! RAM seldom goes bad, but it does happen and it's often the last thing you consider. I've had a few sticks die on me over the past year and each time, it took me a hot minute to figure it out.