TrueNAS & Nextcloud-Plugin: problem mounting folder through webDAV (and with self-signed certificate)

Blackhans

Cadet
Hello Community,

I am running TrueNAS-12.0-U6 on a Ryzen 1400X and 8GB ECC RAM with a RAIDZ2 consisting of four 6TB drives. The pool is restricted to the local network, so not accessible through the internet. I have two plugins installed: plex and NextCloud.

Currently, I am trying to make the best use of the NextCloud-Plugin. Nextcloud itself is running, I can use the webinterface as well as the Android app to sync my photos (when I am connected to my home wifi of course).
My ultimate goal now is to mount my NextCloud folder(s) to my Windows-PC via webDAV.
Applying the usually recommended routine (mounting through windows explorer or cmd), I receive a system error 1244.

The usual google search brought me to this website (in German): https://www.allerstorfer.at/windows-10-selbst-signiertes-ssl-zertifikat-importieren/
stating, that addresses with self-signed certificates do not work with webDAV unless the certificate is manually installed through the Windows Certificate Manager.
Therefore, I downloaded the certificate Chrome shows me when entering the NextCloud through the webinterface and installed that (certificate is the localhost certificate issued by the TrueNAS system) - without any effect.

So I tried to create and implement a self-created and self-signed certificate following these two guides (independently from each other):

Both ended with the same result - nothing changed. A reason might be that when restarting the NextCloud-plugin, the nextcloud.conf file is reset to its initial state.

Do you know anything else I could try to make it run?
Please let me know if and what kind of additional input you need to help me.

Have a nice evening!

vidx

Dabbler
Make sure your ssl_certificate, ssl_certificate_key and ssl_trusted_certificate in /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf is pointing to the right cert