TrueNAS Mini X+ Review from the 2GuysTek Team

Joon

Social Media Guru
Hey Community members,

Here's a good overview video that the 2GuysTek Team did on the TrueNAS Mini X+. 2GuysTek posts various videos about PC Hardware, homelabs, tech DIY projects, tech reviews, product testing, and more. In this video, they review the TrueNAS Mini X+ hardware, specs, and share their performance test results with us. It's definitely a good video to tune into to learn more about our TrueNAS Mini Series. Enjoy!

Constantin

Vampire Pig
That's a nice new case they have there and unlike the older mini, the 2.5" are now also accessible in hot-swap bays. The case looks like it grew a little but between the C3758 atom chip, on-board 10GbE copper, etc. this NAS has the potential to be very fast indeed. Nice also to see IXSystems being a lot clearer in its forum and youtube content advertising re: the need for CMR drives and emphasizing the Red Plus line.

What is unclear to me, is how the pool was set up. Based on the benchmarks they're posting, I'd wager there is no sync and likely a massive stripe (which makes sense for windows benchmarking). I'm also not a huge fan of all the warbling background music that content creators on Youtube feel compelled to inject these days. Anyhow, great starter system for admins to try out Free- or TrueNAS on before deploying it out to bigger iron.