TrueNAS Mini X motherboard model

pean

Cadet
ByteMan writes here that he believes the TrueNAS Mini X uses a Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F motherboard. The link he provides brings up an image of a motherboard whose layout is quite similar to, but does exactly match, mine; the positioning of some of the connectors and headers are slightly different. Can anyone confirm this or comment on the apparent discrepancy? The TrueNAS CORE dashboard page reports my device is a "TRUENAS-MINI-3.0-X". Thanks in advance.

artlessknave

Wizard
supermicro often provides custom boards that are similar, but not the same, as their retail boards. differences include different connectors, different firmware, etc.
aditionally, they switch boards over time. they had ASROCK boards in the early ones IIIRC.
the only thing that matters is having enough connectivity to match the existing board; it doesnt have to be the same board.

pean

Cadet
Great info @artlessknave, thanks. Come to think of it, i think on initial bootup i did see the ASRock logo at one point (don't anymore).
Googling "TrueNAS Mini X ASRock" turned up this r/truenas link that reports a user's unit as having the ASRockRack C3558D4I-4L, and the image for that board found here seems to match mine exactly.