truenas.local = slow webgui / IP address = fast webgui

guermantes

Patron
I've noticed that when I connect to https://truenas.local the webgui (mainly login window and shell and system processes) is extremely sluggish. Sometimes the pages appear pretty instantly but most of the time I have to wait 10-30 seconds. I noticed this first after upgrading to Truenas Core, but before that I had also only connected via IP address so maybe the issue was there all along.

However when I connect using its IP address in the LAN everything is super fast and dandy. I just tried in two Firefox tab next to each other, clicking between truenas tabs in the two respective firefox tabs, and the truenas.local was behaving miserably while the IP address connection was smooth and fast.

Is this just my DNS acting up when it comes to resolving truenas.local or is it something else (I've seen other people complain about laggy webgui) ? I can't say I experience slow DNS resolving in other respects out on the internet, and of course ssh and smb to the truenas are very snappy and unproblematic.

wdp

Explorer
Just to follow up, they're the same speed for me. Overall the web UI feels a little sluggish on some tasks, but I see no difference between IP vs .local. Haven't actually watched page loads though.

wdp

Explorer
Oddly enough, now I am experiencing this same issue on a new TrueNAS build.