Truenas GUI and console freezes and stops the whole network

iamyeetler

Cadet
Hello everyone, i want to solve my issue here, i hope i get a solution for this.

Firstly, i am using Truenas Core 13.0-U3.1 and i found that a few days or few hours but not anytime the whole GUI stops working, also stops working the SMB and the plugins. The Truenas is unreachable and unresponsible. Also if i plug in a keyboard ant a monitor to the server nothing is visible, it says "No signal". But the HDDs spinning, and the keyboard lights up.

My config:
i5-6500
8GB DDR4 2400MHZ
Integrated graphics card from 6500
Kingspec T-64 SSD
WD10EZEX 1TB

The storage works well, because i bought it newly.
Can anyone help me please this issue? What can i do? Thanks everyone

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
8GB DDR4 2400MHZ
That's not enough RAM for CORE any longer... the minimum was updated recently to 16GB.

You may find (depending on your use-case/needs) that SCALE would run OK (still has a minimum of 8GB).

Also, you haven't specified your full hardware (like motherboard and Network card)... it's somewhat likely that a sudden drop from the network could be related to one of those components. (my bet is a Realtek NIC)

iamyeetler

Cadet
That's not enough RAM for CORE any longer... the minimum was updated recently to 16GB.

You may find (depending on your use-case/needs) that SCALE would run OK (still has a minimum of 8GB).

Also, you haven't specified your full hardware (like motherboard and Network card)... it's somewhat likely that a sudden drop from the network could be related to one of those components. (my bet is a Realtek NIC)
So i need to upgrade to 16GB ram? I hesitated how much ram i need to buy, but if its needed i buy another 8gb module for it.

The motherboard is a brand board (HP Prodesk 600 G2 SFF - Q150 Chipset) and the network card is a Intel GBE NIC

It's not only dropping the Truenas from the internet. All of the network stops working if the NAS is unresponsible (wifi + lan) So the users not access the internet. If i reboot the NAS the network it will be fine again and everyone able to surf the internet again.

jgreco

Resident Grinch

I'm actually skeptical of that. If anything, RAM requirements under SCALE should be more intense because of Linux.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It's not only dropping the Truenas from the internet. All of the network stops working if the NAS is unresponsible (wifi + lan) So the users not access the internet. If i reboot the NAS the network it will be fine again and everyone able to surf the internet again.
Are you saying that you're running some kind of proxy service on TrueNAS? If not, I don't understand why TrueNAS not running would stop people from using the Internet.

I also really don't understand how WiFi is involved.

Intel GBE NIC
Good to know, I guess that isn't the issue then, although some kind of hardware fault may be involved if there's interference with the whole network happening.

So i need to upgrade to 16GB ram? I hesitated how much ram i need to buy, but if its needed i buy another 8gb module for it.
Probably, but better use of your money might be investing in a better suited piece of hardware in general.

If you're running plugins, the RAM issue must certainly be addressed.

iamyeetler

Cadet
Are you saying that you're running some kind of proxy service on TrueNAS? If not, I don't understand why TrueNAS not running would stop people from using the Internet.

I also really don't understand how WiFi is involved.

Good to know, I guess that isn't the issue then, although some kind of hardware fault may be involved if there's interference with the whole network happening.

Probably, but better use of your money might be investing in a better suited piece of hardware in general.

If you're running plugins, the RAM issue must certainly be addressed.

Today is the second when the whole network turned off which means all in the house no internet connection except now wifi, but in the LAN no internet connection in any computer. This is the settings to the bridge and plugins. Am i wrong and i am missconfigured something?

If i restart the NAS server the whole network alive again and able to search anything. It's a bug or i need to configure something? I am not using a proxy service in TrueNas. The truenas logs any errors which cause anything?

Attachments

• em.png
    em.png
    30 KB · Views: 96
  • bridge.png
    bridge.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 101
  • bridge+em.png
    bridge+em.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 87
  • plugins.png
    plugins.png