TrueNAS crash due to AFP

Vallevert

Dabbler
Hi guys,

I've had this problem for a few months now: TrueNAS/FreeNAS crashes completely when I do a "big" data transfer in AFP from my Mac (big transfert= +200 MB at one time)
My NAS is totally unavailable after this crash, that is to say, that the AFP does not work anymore nor the web interface.
I have to reboot my NAS via the physical ON/OFF button and then it works properly again.

Have you ever had this kind of problem?

Here is my hardware configuration just in case:

Constantin

Vampire Pig
I’ve made bigger transfers than that without issues, ever. If you think it’s specific to AFP, may I suggest going to services, afp, then setting the afp log level to “full”, reproducing the problem and then sending a debug to the team at IXSystems with a description of the problem? With any luck, the system will capture enough telemetry before the crash to make a diagnosis possible.

I presume you’ve verified that the CPU isn’t stewing in its own juices or similar overheating events on the motherboard with the LSI and so on? Those LSI chips can get super hot, for example, so good air flow in the case is important.

Last edited:

Vallevert

Dabbler
EDIT: the problem was due to my Realtek controller !

I will try to send a crash report to iXsystems.

No problem on CPU or HDD, but I didn't check if the LSI controller is overhot.
I think it's AFP because in SMB and with transfer from SSH command I don't have this problem.

My airflow is normal.

Last edited: