TrueNAS core No longer boots... Help

shazam786

Cadet
So This afternoon I rebooted TrueNAS Core on Dell T410 64GB 8 (4 TB Drives) + 150 GB Crucial MX500 SSD. As far as I know the maching was working fine. I rebooted the server ... I saw I bunch for the gzfs error scroll by and then the machine BTX halted. I tried booting with the Installation USB and that didn't help either it still halts the same way.... I am really confused that I can't even boot with the USB.... Any help guys ? The halt screen is half white and the following text on the bottom. I don't what is going on pretty much a noob when it comes to this :( , so any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• truenasbooterror.png
    truenasbooterror.png
    262.9 KB · Views: 149

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
If all USB boot drives halt the same way, it's likely you've suffered a hardware failure: motherboard, memory, CPU, battery, etc. As this is a laptop, I suspect your CPU may have some cracked solder balls.

shazam786

Cadet
Thanks for the Reply... it is a dell Poweredge T410 server... I mostly think it is the boot ssd that has crapped out (by the gzfs boot errors I see during the boot process)... Is it possible that if I switch out the SSD boot drive I can reinstall TureNAS core and get my data back ?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Your data is safe. You may need to reinstall on another T410, and move the disks over. If you've saved your configuration, it will be easy to upload the configuration to the new machine. If not, you'll have to import the pool, and then recreate your shares.