TrueNAS Core for DVR Overwriting Issue

theklivin

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with my TrueNAS-13 Core setup that I hope someone here can help me resolve. Here's the problem:

I have an old PC : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz with 2Gig of RAM, that I repurposed as a TrueNAS Core server to serve as storage for my DVR system. To create storage, I set up a pool using two drives—a 4TB drive and a 500GB drive. the pool's total capacity is 4TB due to the way allocations work.

I then divided this pool into four datasets and configured NFS for sharing. Everything seemed to work fine initially:

1709559757246.png

1709560604527.png

My DVR detected all four drives over the network and began recording on them sequentially, as expected

However, after two months of continuous recording, instead of overwriting the oldest records and starting anew on the first drive, all four drives now show errors on the DVR. I've checked the drives, and they appear to be fine—no defects or damage:

1709560494124.png

I should note that while I'm proficient in IT, I'm not an expert in networking. So, I might need some guidance on where to look for potential issues within my TrueNAS Core configuration that could be causing this problem.

Could someone please advise me on how to troubleshoot this issue? I'm puzzled as to why the DVR suddenly can't access the drives properly, and I suspect it might be related to my TrueNAS Core setup, here are the configurations of the first NFS :

1709564860652.png

if there are any other informations to share you tell me.

Any assistance or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards.