TrueNAS Core 13, GELI disk replacement unavailable after reboot

fcm

Cadet
Hi,
I believe this issue is related to one of my thread: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/truenas-core-13-geli-disk-replacement.110635/#post-765039

I recently upgraded my NAS to TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.3 and noticed my pool was degraded after rebooting. The missing disk, marked `UNAVAIL`, is the disk I replaced in the thread linked above. I re-performed the disk replacement procedure and the disk successfully resilvered during the night.

This morning, I rebooted the unit again to make sure the pool degradation wasn't an OS upgrade glitch. To my surprise, the pool was marked degraded again after the reboot. Same disk. I relaunched the resilvering procedure just now..

I think there might be a bug somewhere, as if the disk replacement was never properly registered by the OS.

Because of this issue, am I running the risk of losing my entire pool if another of my disk fails?

Thanks!

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems

fcm

Cadet
Thank you @HoneyBadger, reseting the key did the trick. However, it doen't seem possible to create a password in this TrueNAS version as "Passphrases are not allowed on the system dataset pool".