TrueNAS boot's up if only boot ssd device is in.

widuljewic

Cadet
Hi all, i'am in search for perfect (for my needs) NAS os. I would like to save family photos, videos, and also back up my documentation. I try FreeNAS on this computer 1 ssd drive. Three 250GB disks (raid 5). And 500GB Seagate that has no redundancy. With FreeNAS i try every fail that i could test out (Faild bood, drive, failed disk, changed MB (i have tone of HP 7900DC). And the system worked perfect. Then i wanted to try to see if i change OS from FreeNAS to TrueNAScore will import the disks i got the no go. I boot in some live disk and wipe with zero all data on drives, installed TrueNASCore last version on SSD and i cant get TrueNAS to boot up! Only if i remove all drives except SSD drive with TrueNAS i can boot up system ( i didn't made any changes to bios when i switched from FreeNAS to TrueNAS, the FreeNAS has worked with these bios settings) The Error i get is "Non-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready." I have try to replace SATA ports on MB and try to add disks one by one but with no luck to get TrueNAS up and running.

The disks are MBR with no partition on them.
In BIOS first boot device is HDD

HP Compaq dc7900
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor 3.0 GHz
Intel Q45 Express chipset
2x4GB Kingstone DDR3
1xSSD Adata 250
2xWD250GB
1xSeagate250GB
1xSeagate 500GB
Intel 82567LM GbE Network Connection

I must point out that i got old disks only for test (i put also failing drives to test smart, alarms etc...). and once more, the FreeNAS worked with all drives and same bios settings

Attachments

• nas1.jpg
    nas1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 125
  • nas2.jpg
    nas2.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 140

widuljewic

Cadet
The installation process goes with no errors, but if i have any disk except the Boot ssd attached i get error.