TrueNAS 13 qemu-guest-agent

AnK

Cadet
Hi all,

I have upgraded from TrueNAS 12 to 13 and my installation is virtualized using Proxmox.

With TrueNAS 12 I had the qemu-guest-agent running, https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/qemu-guest-agent.167/
After the upgrade the agent isn't running anymore.

In the agents logfile I can see errors:
Code:
critical: error opening channel: No such file or directory
critical: error opening channel
critical: failed to create guest agent channel
critical: failed to initialize guest agent channel

Is the mentioned way still feasible to get the agent running in TrueNAS 13?

Thank you

lifetime

Cadet
I had the same problem, when trying to install qemu-guest-agent for TrueNAS 13.

my log :
truenas KLD virtio_console.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
truenas linker_load_file: /boot/modules/virtio_console.ko - unsupported file type

Any suggestions ? Thank so much !

Phil G

Cadet
I am having the same issue. It does not show any version of KLD virtio running on my install.

Helipil0t

Cadet
Just in case anyone else comes across this. I'm running TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1 migrated from VMWare ESXi to Proxmox (vmdk converted to qcow2) and using the FreeBSD 13 build of qemu-guest-agent I was getting the same error messages described above. So I decided to do a clean install of TrueNAS on a new qcow2 drive, imported my config and tried again and everything worked perfectly. Must be something carried over from ESXi that caused the issue? Not sure exactly. In anycase, if you get this problem, export your config, re-install and try again.