TrueNAS 13.0-BETA1 Released

Krautmaster

Explorer
seem to do a fully separated environment on every update? Never noticed so i can simply fall back including the configuration?
1645269087692.png

I know, is a bit of a noob question. Of course, if i do changes to the volume like ZFS volumes it will be persistent, but does that boot environment include configs like network, smb and so on?

Last edited:

zmeul

Dabbler
What was the reason for you to go back to U8?
some issues with new files copied not inheriting permissions from those set to the dataset
I tried to replicate them on a test machine at work and I could not - seems to be specific to my setup, but I don't know the cause yet

hervon

Patron
Updated from 12U8 with Manual Update. Took me a while to find the manual update for 13.0 Beta1:

Everything I use works fine so far without tinkering:
- SMB with a few users
- Cloud tasks to Google Drive
- Manually configured Jails : Plex, MiniDLNA, qBittorrent, Urbackup

Thanks iXSystems

Linux

Cadet
Updated from U8 to 13.0 beta 1.

Upgrading pools returns with an error message and does not work.

After a reboot of the system all my pools have to be unlocked again.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Updated from U8 to 13.0 beta 1.

Upgrading pools
Why would you do such a thing!? Do you want to destroy your data? Please read this instead of jumping in and upgrading pools.
Sidenote: I haven't checked the Feature Flags for 13 yet, but the document includes all you need to learn about them yourself.

Sidenote: I haven't checked the Feature Flags for 13 yet, but the document includes all you need to learn about them yourself.
I subscribe to the rule of thumb:
"Am I content with my pools and using TrueNAS? Yes? Then I will indefinitely ignore any notification to upgrade any of my pools."

No need to even research what new features can be made available, because if you have to go out of your way to figure out if you'll ever use them, then it's a strong indicator that you don't need them.

Volts

Patron
It is odd that New ZFS version or feature flags are available... is presented in the UI as a WARNING. Most warnings require some sort of action.

This is an attractive nuisance and encourages foot-shooting. Perhaps it shouldn't be a WARNING at all.

It is odd that New ZFS version or feature flags are available... is presented in the UI as a WARNING. Most warnings require some sort of action.

This is an attractive nuisance and encourages foot-shooting. Perhaps it shouldn't be a WARNING at all.
That's actually a good point. :oops:

Another bug report (or suggestion) for their Jira tracker! If you don't file it, I might soon.

EDIT: They should include a thirty-minute countdown timer with the message: "Hurry! This special offer ends soon!"

Volts

Patron
I'm perfectly willing to let you have the glory of doing so. :smile:
Consider it a noble gesture on my part.

I'm perfectly willing to let you have the glory of doing so. :smile:
Consider it a noble gesture on my part.
Can you take a screenshot of it?

I'll use it in the ticket.

chruk

Dabbler
Hi guys.

I checked for updates on 12.0-U8, and it says I am on the normal stable train, with no way to change it, and no option to update to 13-BETA1.

Is it supposed to be done manually only? Seems odd the train cannot be changed in the UI.